Abisco Material Handling System
Used for both Suction and Discharge applications the hose construction consists of: Wear liner/tube, reinforcing layers, fully embedded machine wound galvanised spring steel wire, further reinforcement and a fabric textured rubber outer cover. Wear resistant tube of either 40 Duro or 60 Duro is supplied dependent on the application. Tube has a smooth and non-porous finish. Flow resistance is low, thereby affording the greatest possible liner lift.
By using this system you can quickly make your own “special length” of material handling hose from our standard length of ABISCO hose, ABISCO CLAMP-ON coupling's and ABISCO Metal Spun Rubber Covered Gaskets.
1. You can simply cut lengths of material handling hose as required and CLAMP-ON the ABISCO couplings. This eliminates the need to try to establish beforehand from drawing or plans which hose lengths will be required.
2. Repair and maintenance work of installation can easily be made with the ABISCO CLAMP-ON system as any length of hose to be replaced can be cut from a standard length and the coupling are reusable.
3. The ABISCO CLAMP-ON system allows you to keep a very small “spare part” in stock as you only need to keep standard lengths of hose and this quickly replenished by delivery of new standard lengths of hose.
4. The simplicity and versatility of the ABISCO CLAMP-ON system reduces installation time and no particular skill is required to handle the system.
5. In an emergency a pipe or hose in a plant can quickly be replaced with the ABISCO CLAMP-ON system. The downtime will be minimal and this can, in many cases, be the completely over-riding economical factor.
A small example of the ease with which this system can be installed is, for instance, that the couplings can be rotated around the hose before final bolting and this enables you to put the flange holes in the right position which is of particular importance when mounting a shore hose which cannot accept the radial twist.
ABISCO MATERIAL HANDLING HOSE DIMENSIONS
ABISCO RE-USABLE CLAMP-ON FLANGE COUPLING
The clamp-on couplings are quick to install and are reusable when worn hose has to be replaced. In bends and other wear spots, the hose can easily be turned, giving additional service life.
The couplings are sold in a pair of halves (for one hose end). For a joint between two hoses two such pairs of halves are required.
Bolts for clamping a pair of halves together are included.
INSTALLATION INSTURCTIONS FOR ABISCO CLAMP-ON FLANGE COUPLINGS
1. Place coupling halves in position on the hose approximately 20mm from the hose end.
2. Tighten the bolts in the coupling so the two halves have a firm grip around the hose.
3. The flange can now be used as a cutting guide. Cut the hose along the flange surface using a sharp knife or hacksaw.
4. Bend the steel wire out firmly and cut it with a hacksaw or bolt cutters. The wire should then retract into the rubber so a smooth rubber surface is formed.
5. Loosen the coupling in 5mm from the end of the hose. Tighten the flange properly and the hose is ready for installation.
6. If required, ABISCO metal spun rubber moulded gaskets can be installed between the flanges.
• ABISCO couplings are specifically designed with inside grooving to allow maximum securing to the exterior of hose.
STANDARD & HEAVY DUTY ABISCO ALUMINIUM COUPLINGS AVAILABLE TO SUIT MATERIAL HANDLING HOSE
STANDARD COUPLING DIMENSIONS
HEAVY DUTY COUPLING DIMENSIONS
ABISCO couplings manufactured from aluminum-magnesium type alloy possesses a high and stable combination of strength, shock resistance and ductility.
This particular allow is ideally suited for parts where dimensional stability is important. Fatigue failures of many castings have been traced to residual internal stresses and elimination of these causes of casting defects as well as the expense of heat-treating are attractive feature of this alloy.
High ductility and tensile strength makes it very suitable for shock resistant applications.
Because of the almost complete absence of heavy metals the corrosion resistance is extremely high against mild alkalis or salt spray.
Aluminum Ingots supplied for production of couplings are in accordance with Australian Standard AS1874-1988.
N.B. Couplings can also be manufactured in cast iron upon request